Re: [AD] Issues when building MSVC Allegro using Cygwin

Daniel Schlyder wrote:
Andrei Ellman:

I just tried running the makefile twice under both Cygwin, DJGPP without
UNIX_TOOLS and DJGPP with UNIX_TOOLS set to 1. In all cases when I run the makefile the first time, the two directories are successfully created, and when I run the makefile for a second time, I always get the message:
make.exe: Nothing to be done for `create-dirs'.
In Cygwin, I am using make 3.80, and in DJGPP, make 3.79.1

Ok, I'm confused. Let me get this straight.

Your results:

Environment    Make version    UNIX_TOOLS    Result
Cygwin         3.80            0             success
DJGPP          3.79.1          0             success
DJGPP          3.79.1          1             success

Correct? DJGPP's mkdir works with slashes and Cygwin with single backslashes?

The Cygwin line should be
Cygwin         3.80            1             success
All other lines are correct. In Cygwin, it is impossible to access the DOS tools, so UNIX_TOOLS=1 must always be set in Cygwin.

I think that if DJGPP is installled, DJGPP's mkdir might be called in favour of DOS's mkdir (but I'm not sure on this), so that will explain why mkdir works with forward slashes in DJGPP

My results:

Environment    Make version    UNIX_TOOLS    Result
MinGW          3.80            0             success
MinGW          3.80            1             command syntax error
MinGW/MSYS     3.79.1          0             file exists error [1]
MinGW/MSYS     3.79.1          1             success

This doesn't make sense to me. :(

[1] Also, note that created dirs are "c:/progra~1foo" and
"c:/progra~1foobar".

In all cases, "C:\Program Files\foo\bar\" was created.

AE.