Re: [AD] keyconf

Elias Pschernig wrote:

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 01:08 +0100, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
Cheers! It never ceases to amaze me how hard it can be to find out how to do things in Windows. MSDN is good, but some information is just scattered too thin and Windows is just too confusing.

Yeah. The DInput docs mention nothing about TranslateMessage, and
TranslateMessage only has this note: "If applications process
virtual-key messages for some other purpose, they should not call
TranslateMessage." No direct mention of DI. Well, during the final
touching up of the WM_CHAR driver, that quote actually caused me to try
the DI driver again.. :P

Nice catch.

Hm, and I also have an almost working WM_CHAR driver now (the reason
was explained in the deleted story above :P), so maybe we can have two
drivers, a dinput one and a WM_CHAR one.
Is it useful to have two? Otherwise, I think we can just stick to the DInput driver.

Hm, it would be as useful as the GDI driver.. so yes, I guess, no need
for it. But now that it's already written - I'll keep it around just in
case :)

Or just put it in so we can keep it in a compilable state, if it's
likely that we might need it some day.

Peter