Re: [AD] Overloading Alert

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 10:04 +1100, Peter Wang wrote:

> I personally don't like the idea of adding anything to
> allegro_message().  It would only encourage its use beyond being a last
> ditch effort to show something to the user when you can't set a video mode.

I second that. allegro_message might be used in emergency cases where
it's not clear if the screen is currently useable or not - so it should
always use an OS message box which is guaranteed to reach the user. The
alert function is something different in my opinion, it just displays
some in-game text.

--
Elias Pschernig