[AD] Overloading Alert

What do you guys think of making another version of
alert with this specification:

int alert(const char*);

Most of the time alert is used default arguments of
"Okay" and KEY_ENTER are used.  Another way to do it
is to use default arguments, but im not sure if thats
C or just C++:

int alert(const char*, const char* = 0, const char* =
0, const char* = "Okay", const char* = 0, int =
KEY_ENTER, int = KEY_MAX);

While I'm on the subject, hows \n parsing for alert
coming along?  I heard someone had a working prototype
on their machine or something.  Having to use 3
strings and only have 3 lines are both a pain for users.