Re: [AD] Documentation/tutorial

> Looks like my skill with sticks is still to be feared:
>
> George Foot wrote:
> > > Here they are. If you update the web I can announce that on the
> > > mailing lists. There even was a null pointer deferenciation in
> > > one example with double linked lists.
> >
> > Done! :)
> >
> > Phew.  Only two months late.

Great! So Vivace is up-to-date again now :)

> With regards to the content, it's very easy to talk about writting
> a new tutorial from scratch, but much harder to do. I would suggest
> improving over the existing documentation.

Well, I think what Evert wants is just that: Improve the existing
documentation by filling in the gap of a tutorial. But having looked
at Vivace again - I also think something like it shouldn't be in the
official docs. It is longer and more detailed than all the current
docs together :) Probably the descriptions of the examples could be
made a bit longer, also containing code samples from the examples
(heh, maybe with another makedoc addition, so you could do @excerpt
ex12bit.c:100-130). This would have the advantage that we could write
it one by one, starting with a very simple example, and at the same
time the examples could be improved a bit. And there would be no
additional code to be maintained. And the example descritions already
are nicely interlinked with the docs as well.. the more I think about
it this seems to be a good idea..