Re: [AD] Documentation/tutorial

On Monday 04 October 2004 22:40, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Well, I think what Evert wants is just that: Improve the existing
> documentation by filling in the gap of a tutorial. But having looked
> at Vivace again - I also think something like it shouldn't be in the
> official docs. It is longer and more detailed than all the current
> docs together :)

Well, having the bulk of the docs being made up of a tutorial rather than a
reference isn't too bad in my opinion. ;)
I haven't actually looked at Vivace in a long time. I'll have a look at the
latest version.

> Probably the descriptions of the examples could be
> made a bit longer, also containing code samples from the examples
> (heh, maybe with another makedoc addition, so you could do @excerpt
> ex12bit.c:100-130). This would have the advantage that we could write
> it one by one, starting with a very simple example, and at the same
> time the examples could be improved a bit. And there would be no
> additional code to be maintained. And the example descritions already
> are nicely interlinked with the docs as well.. the more I think about
> it this seems to be a good idea..

Doing @excerpt ex12bit.c:100-130 is going to be a pain if someone modifies
the example. Better to place comment markers in the sourcecode for that, I
think.

Evert