Re: [AD] grabber ._txification

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:

On 2004-10-24, Elias Pschernig <allefant@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just looked again at the XML docs suggestion for Allegro 5 -
and a ._tx to XML converter would be fairly easiy (i.e. just
another makedoc output target). But, what was the idea behind
this? Wouldn't we still need e.g. the maketexi.c?

We would. Whatever the format, there are still input and output
processes.  The main reason for using XML as input format is to have
a richer than ._tx format which accepts easier addition of features
(example: have an embedded graphic in the documentation and an ascii
aproximation in text output).  In the end, whether it is XML or ._tx,
at some point is an undocumented hierarchical structure in memory.

I think another point was that there are external tools available to process XML, so e.g. we can convert our XML to DocBook or whatever and take a load off our back.

Peter