Re: [AD] Fwd: fourth mouse button under windows

> I have no strong personal objections to adding support for a fourth mouse
> button if one is detected, except that I find it hard to justify not
> supporting a fifth button, or even more.
>
> Thoughts?

I don't have Allegro source in front of me, but I believe it currently
uses a structure that only supports 4 buttons. That's why I proposed
adding support for it. Not that I had anything against buttons 5+, but
I didn't feel that it was worth the effort to change code
'drastically' for buttons 5 to 8...

My thoughts are simply that Allegro should provide information on all
the buttons available, as long as it's trivial to do so. The first
three buttons could be "special" in that they have helper macros, etc
- as they are much more common. The docs could just simply state that
macros or whatever aren't available for buttons > 3 and use them at
your own risk.

As it is now, the LEFT/RIGHT names are sorta odd anyway for people
like me who use a left handed mouse configuration. ;) So, I don't see
any harm in supporting more than three buttons without making more
macros.

--
Matthew Leverton - matthew@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.allegro.cc