Re: [AD] allegro_message under X

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:40:03 +0200, Julien Cugnière
<jcugniere@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know nothing about Xlib, so I prefer leaving that to someone who knows how
> to do it right.

The same thing could be said about a lot of things in Allegro. But
Allegro's goal is to be self-maintainable (ie. not rely on outside
programs). Besides, the source code to these programs should be freely
available. Why not look them up and make our own implementation? You
could even add a config option to have KDE-styled dialog boxes, or
Gnome-styled, or default X-styled, so it could match the user's
system.

> I agree it has limited use, but it is very important noneless. Without it, how
> would you report an error to the user when setting a graphics mode failed
> under Windows or X ?

I usually run Allegro programs from a terminal under X, but I see your point.