Re: [AD] allegro_message under X

Chris a écrit :
> Why not just use the Xlib to print it? You shouldn't rely on external
> programs being present, especially for such a function that can have
> drasticly different behavior depending on its method of output.

I know nothing about Xlib, so I prefer leaving that to someone who knows how
to do it right.

> I tend to use allegro_message sparingly for the sole reason that the
> behavior is different on seperate platforms.
[...]
> IMHO, allegro_message is a really messy function with limited use.

I agree it has limited use, but it is very important noneless. Without it, how
would you report an error to the user when setting a graphics mode failed
under Windows or X ?

As I see it, allegro_message should be used just for that: displaying an
informative error message to the user before quitting the program when
something failed. Otherwise you definitely should use allegro's graphic mode.

--
Julien Cugnière