Re: [AD] new_api_branch news

Daniel Schlyder wrote:
I'm really tempted to switch my current project to the new branch. Is
this advisable?

AFAIK, the new_api_branch will slowly be integrated into Allegro after 4.2 (in 4.3). It's probably best to wait 'til then.

Though in all honestly, I'm not sure why there is a branch for the new API. Why do work for 4.3 when 4.2 isn't even out yet and we're still working on 4.1? It could prove to be couter-productive since we're mostly worried about 4.1, so when 4.3 rolls around, we'll just have to go through all this again and possibly hit problems when it's too late to do anything about them.

I've honestly not really paid attention to the new_api_branch because I've been slightly unsure of what it was, though I have a good idea now, and I'm worrying more about the problems plaguing 4.1. I wouldn't doubt if some others have done the same. So now, when we start on 4.3, I'll be lost on some of these things and may end up agreeing to things I don't fully understand, or get confused because I haven't (been able to) pay attention earlier/now.

- Kitty Cat