Re: [AD] new_api_branch news

Peter Wang:
> Daniel Schlyder wrote:

>>Peter Wang:
>>

>>>Unfortunately there is no way to do it using DirectInput.  DirectInput
>>>just treats the keyboard like a giant gamepad.  You're supposed to use
>>>the usual Windows message system if you want typing input.  I don't know
>>>if using both DirectInput and Windows messages at the same time is feasible.
>>>

>>I don't know how to do it, but I think SDL doesn't have a keyboard.dat
>>equivalent, so it must be feasible.
>>

> Hmm, I thought SDL had the same problem, but I will look again.

I was going to suggest you check the documentation of SDL_EnableUNICODE() as
a starting point, but it seems you've already solved the problem. Great
work! I'm really tempted to switch my current project to the new branch. Is
this advisable?

>>Seems to work ok, but the real problem is, of course, the variable quality
>>of the layout files. For example, the Norwegian layout supports the special
>>Norwegian letters, but not the Swedish or most other ASCII-8 characters,
>>although I can type these on my Norwegian keyboard.
>>

> Could you send in an improved layout, or is the problem something else?

I guess it's just the layout that needs improvement. I can try to do this,
but in light of the keyboard API patch you just committed, is it still
necessary? I'm not sure I want to spend time on this if only the DOS port
would benefit.

--
Daniel Schlyder
http://bitblaze.com/