[AD] Proposal for new branch

Yay, Angelo's back!  I hope Elias will be back soon too.

Ok, so I want to put my timer and event queues stuff into a CVS branch fairly soon. As time permits, I hope to incrementally move the new joystick, keyboard & mouse APIs for Linux console, X11 and Windows into CVS too. Those APIs should be pretty similar to what was discussed on the bigfive list; I don't see any reason why the design work put in there should be discarded.

Now, I don't have access to an Apple machine, so I'm hoping that someone can keep the MacOS X port up to date...

DOS/BeOS/QNX: Bugger it, I'm not waiting for these ports.

These changes will be done in parallel with whatever work is currently going on for 4.2. I'll keep the branch up to date with the trunk until 4.2.0 is released.

Peter