Re: [AD] Discussion on Allegro 4.2 on allegro.cc

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

On Friday 06 August 2004 04:23, Peter WANG wrote:
I agree. Personally I would like to see the input & event queue stuff from the a5 effort get integrated first. The design is already there, in one big chunk, so hopefully most of the interactions in the submodules it will have been sorted out in the space of one stable release.

I agree that this would be a sensible starting point. Didn't you already have some code implemented (albeit in C++) for this?

Yes. In fact, as a test I've hackishly bolted the Unix timer and event queues portion of that code onto my copy of Allegro here, then wrote an quickie emulation layer of the a4 timer API on top of it. I'm going to try the X keyboard & mouse code next and see what happens.

Peter