RE: [AD] Discussion on Allegro 4.2 on allegro.cc

I agree with Shawn's point of getting it right the first time (ie:
breaking it only once). However, this is clearly an unworkable solution
for large OSS with few active developers.

Having two APIs simultaneously for the same module is not always
possible or workable. Doing it one function at has lot of issues
associated with it: it's hard to guess interactions with future (newer)
changes to other related functions.

I don't really have any good ideas for this one.