Re: [AD] Problem with docs (solved). Added new OSX function

On Sunday 11 July 2004 12:10, Angelo Mottola wrote:
> The average MacOS X user is used to always hit Command-Q to quit every
> app. If the default behaviour of Allegro programs is to do nothing if
> no close button callback is set via set_close_button_callback(), the
> user will think the app is behaving badly.

But if the app closes silently when hitting Command-Q but pops up a dialog
box when hitting the close button, doesn't she/he think it is behaving
badly too?

> I could make it use the same callback if present, but the default
> behaviour if not set should be to force shutdown anyway.

Ok.

> So I thought a
> completely different function made sense here... Convince me and I'll
> change this.

It's mainly portability of applications that were not written for MacOSX
initially I was thinking about. They could/would behave as outlined above:
silently closing when Command-Q is hit and shutting down more decently
when the close button is pressed.
In a practical situation, how often would you register a different callback
to the close button and the Command-Q keyboard sequence anyway?

Evert