Re: [AD] minor fix

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 13:15 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:

> I may have a little more time the upcoming months to do CVS commits for
> Allegro (I just graduated and don't plan on working my rear off at my new
> job just yet, although I will be working steadily).
> I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to using CVS though, so someone with
> more experience might be more suited as regular patch committer.

Ah, good, already was scared of the thought of only me left here with
the ability to apply patches :) And there's also still Bob and Angelo..
but everyone (including myself) has the problem of not much time for
Allegro :(

In any case, Eric not having the time anymore to be our fulltime
maintainer is bad news. Since then we now have no fulltime maintainer
anymore at all. Guess we need to re-consider handling patches and bug
reports in general - maybe follow Ben's suggestion from some time ago
and put all patches and bug-reports to the SF tracker? My impression is,
there was no need for that since Eric tracked everything on this list.
Since he doesn't have the time for that anymore - there's nobody else
doing it now, and already some requests from the past weeks or months or
so might have gone unnoticed (kcat sent some patches I think). And I
wonder who will decide now things like e.g. putting in Henrik's new X11
color conversion (don't remember if there was a ready-to-commit version
at all).

Eric, I guess, you also won't be doing a 4.2.0 release this summer then?
I was hoping for 4.2.0 coming out soon, so addon authors finally could
upgrade to the 4.2.0 API and features.

--
Elias Pschernig