Re: [AD] alsamidi fix

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 06:31 -0700, Chris wrote:
> Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > I already suggested once to change this behavior, and have a version
> > compiled with --disable-modules never use any modules at all, not just
> > not compiled them. Maybe we should reconsider this.
>
> What are the advantages modules have that isn't already provided by
> compiling as a shared lib? As we see here, it's dangerous to mix module
> and library versions. What was the original reason for seperating them
> into modules?

No, just the behavior of --disable-modules is unclear. I'd expect it to
build a lib with modules disabled, not to just disable building of
modules.

> I'd be all for merging it all back into the main lib, unless there's a
> reason not to.

Are you proposing to drop modules support? I think they are needed for
binary distributions. Peter or Eric will be able to tell you more. And
this is actually something else I must added to the wiki, once I have an
answer :)

--
Elias Pschernig