Re: [AD] alsamidi fix

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 15:09, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > I've attached a patch that should fix this issue, but it seems the
> > problem is really in get_config_string, which shouldn't be returning
> > NULL, AFAICT.
> >

> Yes, don't apply such a patch. Check if it really returns NULL, and if
> it does, check why. Maybe there's a stray config entry, or else a bug in
> get_config_string we should fix.

Apparently, it doesn't, as Chris's patch seems to make no difference for
me...
I'm trying to figure out where exactly the Allegro call comes from that
causes the crash, but I'm having trouble getting gdb to give me a useful
traceback (I probably need to rebuild everything at maximum debugging
level). Oddly enough, any printf() statements I include in the code don't
seem to be executed...
I'll continue to investigate for now, but I may not have time to wrap it up
today.

Evert