Re: [AD] alsamidi fix

Elias Pschernig wrote:
I already suggested once to change this behavior, and have a version
compiled with --disable-modules never use any modules at all, not just
not compiled them. Maybe we should reconsider this.

What are the advantages modules have that isn't already provided by compiling as a shared lib? As we see here, it's dangerous to mix module and library versions. What was the original reason for seperating them into modules?

I'd be all for merging it all back into the main lib, unless there's a reason not to.

- Kitty Cat