Re: [AD] MacOS X dynamic linking and enduser package

There is still a worrying find error:

gradha@xxxxxxxxxx$ misc/mkpkg.sh .
Checking version number
Setting up package structure
Creating package
find: invalid predicate `-delete'

Don't know why this happens, "-delete" is listed as a valid predicate in the find man page, and it works here... Compatibility problem with earlier versions of find? I'm using the one shipped with Panther (OSX 10.3). Removed the line causing problems; it was used to clean up of any .DS_Store file in the tree before zipping everything up. DS_Store files are created by the MacOS X file manager each time you visit a folder, and are used to store info like view settings, window position/size and other things. They do not get generated if you never visit a directory via the GUI, and this is not our case anyway since we're generating the package on a remote machine...

Other than that you can verify the generated package at:

 http://alleg.sourceforge.net/temp/allegro-enduser-4.1.14.dmg.gz

Tested and it fully works here.
Beware though that this enduser library is only useful for third-party apps compiled with 4.1.14 and future versions. Infact in 4.1.13 and earlier, the shared lib got created with the install name of 4.1.x, so a program compiled against it only worked with that particular WIP. With a recent change I made, now the lib has an install name of 4.1, so progs that link with it will work also if the host machine will have another WIP version (4.1.14 or future releases) installed.

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx