Re: [AD] MacOS X dynamic linking and enduser package

I presume you need other bits for the MacOS X makefile machinery, right?

Yes :)
Applied relevant modifications to allegro-config.in and commited to CVS, together with a bunch of other changes. Now binary compatibility is tested and officially works on the MacOSX port, but only WIPs 4.1.13 and above are compatible; earlier versions are not.

Otherwise looks good.  I'll add a

AC_SUBST(FRAMEWORKS)

to configure.in so as to get rid of the @..@ in the Unix version.

Ok.

About the enduser package, can we generate it automatically using the
SF compile farm at each new release (using the provided script in
misc/mkpkg.sh), and put it up on the Allegro homepage in the downloads
section?

This is Grzegorz's domain.  Do you think it's doable, Grzegorz?

As far as I'm concerned it's another package. I've never used the
compile farm before. I'll request access to it then.

Humm, since proper binary compatibility is only ensured for the current WIP and the mkpkg.sh script has been modified accordingly, if we're going to publish an OSX enduser package, we'd need to publish the 4.1.14 one... Maybe it's time for an official 4.1.14 release soon? I'm wondering also because currently there's a contest taking place among Mac developers: have a look at www.idevgames.com. Some people there may need updated stuff. About the package generation, mkpkg.sh needs root priviledges; I hope this is not a problem with the compile farm...

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx