Re: [AD] grabber indexing patch

> Thanks. But there's no hurry, if it doesn't go in the 4.1.2 WIP, it will
>  in the 4.1.3 WIP :-)

Ok. It's just that I made the original modification a long time ago and
completely forgotten about it.

> > I may also want to make a few changes to the datedit api (replace the
> > many parameters with a single struct, as Peter suggested, or a bitfield
> > for simple on/off flags, or both) that might make it easier to add new
> > functionality without breaking the grabber too badly.
>
> Fine. Speaking of which, I would like to again modify the plugin
> interface (it was already for the 4.1.x series) in order to fix the
> problem Elias reported with errno being randomly set behind your back.

Ok. I don't think I'll need to touch that code, but while I'm at it I might
as well have a look at that too. What did you have in mind?

On a side note: were any changes made to the RLE sprite datafile
save/loading code in the grabber plugins due to Vincent's recent change of
the RLE sprite structure? (Are any even nescessary?)

> > Come to think of it, I also had something that added a pop-up box when
> > overwriting a symlink. Should I rework a version of that patch as well?
>
> IIRC we concluded that this feature should probably go in the core
> library. But I don't know how.

I'll see if I still have the original thread, but I think the problem was
that I had to use *nix specific code using non-allegro functions in the
grabber itself because Allegro's file routines can't identify symlinks.
Quoting the docs:

	The following FA_* flags are guaranteed to work: FA_RDONLY, FA_HIDDEN,
	FA_SYSTEM, FA_LABEL, FA_DIREC, FA_ARCH. Do not use any
	other flags from DOS/Windows or your code will not compile on another
	platform. Flags FA_SYSTEM, FA_LABEL and FA_ARCH are valuable only on
	DOS/Windows (entries with system flag, volume labels and archive flag).
	FA_RDONLY is for directory entries with read-only flag on DOS-like systems
	or unwritable by current user on Unix-like systems. FA_HIDDEN is for
	entries with hidden flag on DOS-like systems or starting with '.' on Unix
	(dotted files - excluding '.' and '..'). FA_DIREC represents directories.

There could be a flag FA_SYMLINK that is (obviously) never set in
DOS/Windows to identify a file as a symbolic link?