RE: [AD] New font types

Title: RE: [AD] New font types

> No offence meant, but what are you talking about? These are bitmap
> fonts, not vector, and the only antialiasing that is carried out is
> done by having a bitmap (essentially) with an alpha channel. The only
> 'scaling' that happens is when you have more than one size of bitmap
> font in the FONT structure.

I mean that, if you are computing the coverage for each pixel, you
have to go through each pixel, then look at the neighboring pixels
to see their color/transparency, then do a computation based on
that (a mean, or something similar). Thus, if you would want to
scale that font by X, you look at the pixels not at (-1,0), (-1,-1),
etc, but at (-X,0), etc. But, thinking again, you'd have to check
more pixels anyway, so it wouldn't be much faster.
Basically, I was imagining something more that what you actually
intended your lib to do.

--
Vincent Penquerc'h