Re: [AD] grabber indexing patch

> > Fine. Speaking of which, I would like to again modify the plugin
> > interface (it was already for the 4.1.x series) in order to fix the
> > problem Elias reported with errno being randomly set behind your back.
>
> Ok. I don't think I'll need to touch that code, but while I'm at it I
> might as well have a look at that too. What did you have in mind?

Just changing the prototype for the save() method. But I'll do it myself.

> On a side note: were any changes made to the RLE sprite datafile
> save/loading code in the grabber plugins due to Vincent's recent change of
> the RLE sprite structure? (Are any even nescessary?)

AFAIK no changes to the RLE sprite structure have been merged yet.

> There could be a flag FA_SYMLINK that is (obviously) never set in
> DOS/Windows to identify a file as a symbolic link?

Very good idea. Then a mere file_exists() would tell us if it is a symbolink
link. But we need a new function to retrieve the file pointed to by the
symlink.

--
Eric Botcazou