Re: [AD] FW: Allegro Problem (cygwin compile on 4.0.2)

Don't know about most other things, but

> Besides this the library and dll is created o.k., but is is
> very big (more than 900 KB) is this normal? The size of the
> precompiled  binary in all402_bin.zip (available on the net)
> is only 224 KB.
> Do you know a reason for this?

I remember a similar question on Allegro.cc some time ago. IIRC, the answer
was that the precompiled binary was created with MSVC, which apparently
gives a smaller DLL than MinGW does. I'm not sure, but it may also be
compressed with UPX.

--
Evert Glebbeek
e-mail: eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx   ICQ: 48210348