Re: [AD] _tx format compatiblity

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 06:05:28PM +0100, Sven Sandberg wrote:
> Grzegorz, are you working in these files (makedoc.c, makechm.c,
> makehtml.c, makedoc.h, makehtml.h) so you prefer them unchanged
> for the moment, or can I apply the patches?

No, of course. Never worry about somebody else hacking a bit of CVS,
its there to help avoiding conflicts. As you may have seen in the past,
I'm one of those who lurk in the darkness and rarely write some useful
code. Go ahead, and please don't think I'm somehow responsible for
makedoc! I'm just the last one who patched it.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 08:36:55PM +0100, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > I don't mind whatever name it has. Do you have any suggestion?
>
> If we consider that the new format is the strictly valid subset of a broader
> language, why not -strict ?

It's not just a subset since it also adds new commands. I believe the
best would be to turn makedoc to it's original behaviour/output, and use
the new behaviour with the switch... -new? Not very innovative, I know.

> Something like that, I think. I guess the docs were originally written
> in pure British English, but they have been progressively "polluted"
> by American English.

I polluted it too, but never cared if it was bad british english, bad
american english, bad spanish translated to english or whatever :-)

--
 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx   http://gradha.infierno.org/