Re: [AD] _tx format compatiblity

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 02:37:26PM +0100, Sven Sandberg wrote:
> Nobody has commented on this, so I'll ask again: will it be committed?
> (I tried with current CVS and patch correctly figures out how to apply
> them though makedoc.c has changed.) Note that all the new goodies are
> still in there, it only adds an optional backwards-compatibility mode.
>
> What policy are we going to have for backwards compatibility of makedoc?
> It would really be useful for me to know...

When I submitted my changes I deliberately made makedoc stop working
with previous documents, crossing my fingers and hoping everybody
would upgrade. But it doesn't have any sense. Branch 4.x shouldn't
break backwards compatibility of makedoc documents, so I am preparing
a patch which turns all those css features off by default in the source
code reader.

I'm just short of time, so I didn't even take a deep look at your patch,
but if it fixes backwards compatiblity it should be applied.

--
 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx   http://gradha.infierno.org/