Re: [AD] _tx format compatiblity

Eric Botcazou wrote:

So with this patch:
- both old-style and new-style ._tx documents are valid when makedoc is
passed no flag ?

Yes. It is possible to create a mixed-style document with
semantically contradictory and untested behaviour as well,
but IMHO we don't need to care about that :-)

> - old-style ._tx documents are not valid if makedoc is passed
> -deprecation ?

Yes.

If so, that sounds sensible to me. However, I personally don't like very
much the wording "deprecation".

I don't mind whatever name it has. Do you have any suggestion?

Btw, _write_hhp() uses "Language=0x409 English (USA)\n" while the language
field of the DLL info sheet reads "English (UK)" on my machine. I guess we
have to make a decision here.

I don't know about this so I can't comment. (If there _is_
anything to know, that is: maybe these language names are
just strings with no meaning except to humans, in which case
(if it is consistent though the library) I suppose that e.g.
"color" instead of "colour" implies USA, right?)

Grzegorz, are you working in these files (makedoc.c, makechm.c,
makehtml.c, makedoc.h, makehtml.h) so you prefer them unchanged
for the moment, or can I apply the patches? (I'm not in a hurry
as long as it gets done before current CVS gets released, so
don't feel stressed to finish anything :-)

Sven