[AD] Proposal to drop DOS port from Allegro 4

I've been thinking about something (plus I say a comment about it in the forums). I propose, and a lot seem to agree, that DOS should be dropped from Allegro. It should be dropped for several reasons. Firstly, the programmers mainly only use DOS because they are used to it. Secondly, Windows has gotten rid of DOS from Windows 2000 and up. Thirdly, the DOS port is greatly limiting what Allegro could possibly do. Finally, there is a great Windows compiler (Dev-C++) which is free and easy to learn to use. DOS is obselete or rapidly becoming obsolete and should be dropped from Allegro before the Allegro project suffers. By suffers I mean before it loses users becuase they can't play the games for compatibility in Windows.

--Clayton Weaver

Destined Entertainment
"Where entertainment and destiny come together."
http://www.geocities.com/destined_entertainment/index.html