Re: [AD] Proposal to drop DOS port from Allegro 4

> I've been thinking about something (plus I say a comment about it in the
> forums). I propose, and a lot seem to agree, that DOS should be dropped
> from  Allegro.

I have to object strongly to this. While there are some things that can't be
done in the DOS port, these can simply be left unimplemented or have an
if_supported style flag for them. There is no need to drop it completely,
especially when so much work has been done on it already.

Personally the reason I started using Allegro was because it allows me to
compile my applications for both DOS and Windows with very few code changes.
I still produce both versions of my software, and there are some users who
run the DOS version either because they don't have Windows, or simply prefer
the stability of it (the DOS port has been going a lot longer and is pretty
much rock solid).

If necessary, stop development on the DOS port. But don't remove it.

Cheers,
Chris