Re: [AD] About the speed of flat polygon primitives

>Finally there is the hline() problem: it seems that on modern machines
>(that's not the case for my P200), the HW-accel hline() is much slower than
>its software counterpart because the 2D engines of video card are obviously
>lagging behind the CPU power/AGP speed combination. Should we disable
>hardware acceleration for hline() ? On all machines ? On fast machines only,
>using some heuristic trick (cpu_family > 5 for example) ?

This solution may sound a little far-fetched, but can we not get the
Setup program (or maybe another utility) to test whether software or
hardware is faster, and let the library choose the appropriate function?

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx
                http://www.lwithers.demon.co.uk/