Re: [AD] About the speed of flat polygon primitives

> putpixel()                       = 234%
> hline()                          = 368%
> vline()                          = 91%
> line()                           = 92%
> rectfill()                       = 14%
> circle()                         = 103%
> circlefill()                     = 174%
> ellipse()                        = 82%
> ellipsefill()                    = 204%
> arc()                            = 88%
> triangle()                       = 206%
> textout()                        = 169%
>
> Get your conclusions here...

Which primitives are hardware-accelerated by the BeOS HW-accel driver ?
I suppose that putpixel(), ellipse(), arc() and textout() are not, so why is
there a gap ?

Same question for the DGA2 driver (see my message dated 09/29): why is there
such a gap for line(), circle(), ellipse(), arc() and textout() ?

My patch will likely accelerate circlefill(), ellipsefill() and triangle()
for the HW-accel driver so that the gap will narrow for them.

Finally there is the hline() problem: it seems that on modern machines
(that's not the case for my P200), the HW-accel hline() is much slower than
its software counterpart because the 2D engines of video card are obviously
lagging behind the CPU power/AGP speed combination. Should we disable
hardware acceleration for hline() ? On all machines ? On fast machines only,
using some heuristic trick (cpu_family > 5 for example) ?

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx