Re: [AD] Color convertors

> I've been modifying the color convertors (icolconv.s) to allow working
> spans of any length (also making them faster in the process :), as
> requested by Angello for the BeOS port.

I'm finally done with the merging: all the new features added by Bob are
again in the tree but no (big) optimization was applied, we'll discuss that
later. The file src/misc/icolconv.s weighs now 108 ko (45 ko before) and
there are macros ! The object file weighs 15 ko when everything gets
compiled.

All features are enabled by default (so that BeOS doesn't need to do
anything more) and there are two preprocessor symbols to define in order to
disable some of them:
- ALLEGRO_COLORCONV_ALIGNED_WIDTH disables the support for rectangles with
non aligned widths (i.e non multiple of 4 pixels),
- ALLEGRO_NO_COLORCOPY disables the support for color copy routines.

Both are defined under Windows, saving roughly 5 ko (33 %) on the
object file. The new routines will make it possible to run the Windows
windowed driver on 8-bit desktops once I figure out how to retrieve the
system palette.

I tested everything under Windows except the routines that convert to 15-bit
and the 8-bit to 8-bit conversion routine.

---
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx