Re: [AD] Color convertors

Both are defined under Windows, saving roughly 5 ko (33 %) on the
object file. The new routines will make it possible to run the Windows
windowed driver on 8-bit desktops once I figure out how to retrieve the
system palette.

In windows the application in the foreground can change the palette (there are some reserved entries though for displaying me bars, etc). I think the easier would be to create a static palette with 3 bits for red, 3 for green and 2 for blue (for example), and then just truncate the colors (conversion from 565 to 332 in the case of 16->8). The colors will be awful though, but who use a 8 bit desktop????