Re: [AD] Proposal for a set_icon function

> wfixicon outputs a .ico and .rc file. "windres name.rc name.o" then
> creates the .o file to be linked. It might be quite useful, if you want to
> have icons under windows, but can only provide a .bmp. Outside of
> makefiles it is not much more than a standard ->.ico converter, but it
> has only about 150 lines.

What name do you use for the icon in the resource file ?
I proposed "allegro_icon" in a previous message but you're coding the
utility...

I'll make Allegro automatically search for an icon named so and revert to
the IDI_APPLICATION icon if it doesn't find it.

> When used in a makefile, it is very nice. The source distribution of my
> current project compiles to icon-executables on BeOS as well as windows
> now with wfixicon and bfixicon, by only providing a single bitmap in any
> Allegro-readable format :)

Great !

> I adjusted it to have exactly the same format as bfixicon, and can copy it
> to the /tools dir as well if it seems useful..

Since the utility is obviously platform-dependent, I think we should create
sub-directories in the tools directory.

---
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx