Re: [AD] Proposal for a set_icon function

>Do you mean icons can be attached to exes on BeOS like on Windows ?
>If so, why to bother with a runtime setting function ? That's a point I
>definitely don't understand...

Ok, I agreed on the fact that if your exe already has an icon attached, the
set_icon function is useless. I've had some discussions with Elias on IRC
about this, and then I've sit down and coded a little utility for BeOS that
works from the command line and allows to attach an icon to an exe, by passing
an image of any size/color depth (as long as it's in a format supported by
Allegro of course). I've called this utility bfixicon, and it is meant to be
used from a makefile for example, to fix the program icon after the exe has
been compiled. It works this way:

bfixicon exefile largeiconimage [smalliconimage]

If smalliconimage is not present, the large one is stretched and used to
automatically generate it. The program source is about 5K, and it would be
cool if it was included into the Allegro distro.

Elias is already working on a wfixicon tool, which will be similar to the BeOS
one, but for Win32. Details on this have still to be defined; currently the
program is meant to generate a .ico from an image, to be used into a .rc file,
but I don't know the details. Elias?
A ufixicon should also be possible, and it would be used to generate a .xpm
icon. What do you think?

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx