[AD] availability of strtok_r

----- Forwarded message from Henrik Stokseth <hstokset@xxxxxxxxxx> -----

Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 23:45:48 +0200
From: "Henrik Stokseth" <hstokset@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: recent cvs change
To: "Peter Wang" <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx>

Peter Wang <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Using strtok is not a good idea,

i could either reverse the change or use strtok_r which is thread-safe. the
man page for strtok says strtok is ANSI but it doesn't mention strtok_r...
is it safe to assume it is supported on most unixes?

(if you don't know forward this mail to george, michael or conductors
please...)

-henrik

----- End forwarded message -----

As a related issue, a `ustrtok_r' function is quite easy to
implement, modifying from the current `ustrtok' .  A new `ustrtok'
can piggyback on top of it.  I've already written it for my game,
but I'd like to add it into Allegro, unless someone objects.