Re: [AD] Watcom lib built

> Had an interesting flaw -- for some odd reason, it tried to redefine the
> _TEXT / _CODE / _BSS regions using labels.  The why of it is beyond me --
> this is a new error that I've never seen before, and since the MMX code
> didn't get added in (as wat106 doesn't support MMX), I don't know how this
> happens.  I removed the lines and it seems to compile fine.

That reminds me of the bug in iblit24.asm for which you sent me a workaround
some time ago (around the 3.9.35 WIP). I think these problems come from a
misinterpretation by wdisasm of the coff object file produced by Gas: Gas
appends some extra bytes after the machine code to iblit24.o (from what I
remember) and these bytes likely cheat the Watcom disassembler.

A true bugfix would be to cut these extra bytes before sending the object
file through wdisasm, but I don't know if it is really feasible. Meanwhile,
could you find again a workaround for iscanmmx.o ?

> Also, has anyone had the time to take a look at
> http://www.openwatcom.com/ ?
> Seems sybase finally did what I've been e-mailing them to do for years. =)

Do you mean endlessly discussing the licensing model they are going to
choose ? ;-)

> Oh, and I'm probably not going to be able to continue uploading new copies
> of the prebuilt watcom lib between september and december -- I'll be
> studying abroad in Japan, and as of now I don't have a laptop.  I don't
> know if that matters to anyone.

It does because the 4.0 release is planned (currently, hopefully it will
stay so) for the beginning of december and it would be nice to have a Watcom
port running right out of the box.

-Eric