[AD] Watcom Issues Responses

That can't be the problem.  I'm doing these builds under win98SE.  It loads emm386 and himem automatically, but even if it didn't, dos4g/w (the watcom dos extender) would take care of it by itself.

Javier -- you said that your iscanmmx is 14k... are you using PGCC?  And where exactly does this PENTIUMONLY=1 flag need to be placed, with djgpp?

Re: watcom and mmx: I don't know if 10.6 does have the support!  That's a good question.  I've noticed that the allegro build for v11 doesn't even use the wdisasm / sed / wasm hack that 10.6 does because it can read coff format object modules natively.  Is this MMX code required to build the library?  Is there a flag or something I could add to switch the mmx routines to use regular C or asm functions?

Regardless, however, the problem seems to be with djgpp itself -- like I said, the object I have is 284 bytes and your is 14k.

Out of curiosity, is anyone else on the developers list actually building allegro with Watcom aside from myself? =)

Oh, and I'd like to reiterate my long-time belief that the assembly files should be handled by NASM to avoid all this disassembly / sed / reassembly garbage, or that the .asm files should be generated for separate targets before the final build goes out.  It would be nice to simply have all the work done beforehand so that people out there who use watcom yet don't know enough to go and fix things could still have a library that builds flawlessly.

- Charles Wardlaw