Re: [AD] get_gfx_mode_list implementation.

On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Henrik Stokseth wrote:
> hi all! i've been toying around and implemented a get_gfx_mode_list
> method for the GFX drivers and a function for fetching all valid modes
> from the VESA drivers. i've tested it and it works.

Hi.

IIRC there may be OS or just hardware which won't give you a detailed
video modes list until you try the modes. To my mind come the numerous
posts about windows users asking why DirectX tools say 320x200 is
supported but Allegro doesn't work for them in such resolution.

Could this get_gfx_mode_list exclude valid graphic modes to the end user
in such cases when using gfx_mode_select (or tell about really unavailable
modes which crash the program when selected)?

--
 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx   http://gradha.infierno.org