Re: [AD] font vtable patch

On 29 Apr 2001, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It looks like every addon must be able to have access to some internals,
> including the 'official' ones (keyconf, setup, grabber and tools). And of
> course we can't move all these internals to allegro.h. But I don't think the
> current solution (exporting them all) is the best one either.

A wrapper around ``blessed'' internals?

    void *allegro_get_internal(AL_CONST char *key);

A condition of using this function is that internals might become
unavailable in future.  Use it now, get burnt later.

Example:

    int *my_textmode;

    my_textmode = allegro_get_internal("_textmode");
    if (!my_textmode) {
        allegro_message("_textmode internal unavailable");
		.
		.

A better idea may be just to move said ``blessed'' internals into a
separate header file (ainternbutnotreally.h).  But that still leaves
the question of which ones to bless.

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/tjaden/
Lisp hackers do it hackers do it do it it.