[no subject]

- Improve Allegro's web page outlook (even for l{inks,ynx} users).
- Syncronize web translations (hopefully through cvs).
- Keep source in a single site (surely Sourceforge) and mirror to the rest.
- Allow web browsers negotiate page language before transferring (I am not
  sure if this could be done everywhere, but let's try).
- Keep pages being pregenerated: easy mirroring without CGI needs, plain
  html.

To acomplish this I wrote a little python script which allows web
mantainers keep design separated from content, and this content can be
localized to whatever language you want.

The script and work is half done, and I am maling Frédéric the source to
see if there's something worth changing. Whenever I have something which
can be viewed properly I will put it somewhere and mail the list again. Of
course, it will be anonunced then to the community too so that people can
suggest improvements or changes in design.

In the mean time I wanted to ask:

1) Allegro uses sourceforge's cvs. Do they allow hosting another
   co-project in another module or whatever so that people downloading
   Allegro from cvs won't get the web source too? I just don't feel like
   starting a separate proyect like "Allegro-web" or something similar.
2) I know apache allows language negotiation. Can it be done for
   Sourceforge web pages too? For an example, you can go to
   http://www.debian.org. If you have selected a language in your
   browser's preferences, and it's available, you will get it via normal
   links. If the browser doesn't support this, you can still get the
   translated versions as index.es.html, index.fr.html, etc.
3) Does Sourceforge provide mailing list services? I think it would be
   nice for web mantainers: the english mantainer doing changes to the cvs
   and mailing updates notifications to the other mantainers, which IMHO
   is still nicer than having to go every day through cvs' diffs.
4) Can cvs files be accessed from a script being run through a ssh
   connection to sourceforge? Otherwise, how could the pages be generated?
   At the moment I use a makefile+python solution, which has to be run
   manually.

 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx   http://gradha.infierno.org