[AD] Patches [WAS: soname's major number?]

#include <hallo.h>
George Foot wrote on Wed Apr 11, 2001 um 02:28:32PM:

> version was uploaded.  Instead we use the real library version
> number -- e.g. 3.9.35.

Okay, this means I am allowed to use my own naming strategy. For
packaging, the lib should have a proper soname, otherwise I run into
trouble.

> If at the stage of Allegro 4 we start making changes which do
> not require a major version update, we'll probably just not
> change the major version number.  While we're in WIP it would be
> too restrictive to force binary compatibility between versions.

I hope, this will happen before the freeze of the current Debian
unstable tree. Later, I won't be able to update Allegro source and will
have to provide several versions.

Gr{us,eeting}s,
Eduard.
Eduard Bloch <blade@xxxxxxxxxx>; HP: http://eduard.bloch.com/edecosi
0xEDF008C5(GnuPG): E6EB 98E2 B885 8FF0 6C04 5C1D E106 481E EDF0 08C5