[AD] soname's major number?

for packaging, I need a certain number for the soname of the Allegro
libary number.  Currently, soname is not used in the library at all. I
imagine liballeg.so.4 when Allegro 4 is ready and compability issues are
resolved? Should I take the number from makefile.ver now? Then it would
be liballeg.so.13 of similar. Since Allegro is unstable and compability
a problem for now, I would take
liballeg-<shared_version>.so.<shared_major> with values from
makefile.ver. I will use this option and upload the packages today, if
nobody mind.

Gr{us,eeting}s,
Eduard.
Eduard Bloch <blade@xxxxxxxxxx>; HP: http://eduard.bloch.com/edecosi
0xEDF008C5(GnuPG): E6EB 98E2 B885 8FF0 6C04 5C1D E106 481E EDF0 08C5
**
"Only wimps use tape backups: real men upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it."
                                            - Linus B. Torvalds