Re: [AD] New graphics driver -- GFX_FORCE?

OK, I have created a patch for adding GFX_FORCE, and for allowing the
GFX_SAFE parameters to be changed in allegro.cfg.

GFX_FORCE is available in:
 - DOS
 - Windows
 - Linux
 - X

but not in:
 - BeOS
 - Mac

since I don't understand anything about their display drivers.

The GFX_SAFE patch allows the user to set gfx_safe_card, gfx_safe_w and
gfx_safe_h in allegro.cfg; also, the variables _gfx_safe_card,
_gfx_safe_w and _gfx_safe_h are declared in aintern.h.

One question, however: where should we document options like this? Since
these changes are more aimed at end users than at developers, would it
make sense to create a new document about allegro.cfg, that developers
could distribute with their games? I would be happy to create such a
file, if need be.

Anyway, I have attached the patch, and posted it to SourceForge. It is
tested on DJGPP.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx