Re: [AD] New graphics driver -- GFX_FORCE?

[snip]
>Huh... I wouldn't like the idea of the user playing with fire, but go
>ahead.

But it's like the user being able to give DMA/IRQ settings for sound
cards in DOS, etc. There is always the potential for problems.

> BTW, what happens if you force it to a lower resolution than
>expected?

The driver doesn't allow that; the search algorithm is:

Run through list of know good resolutions
 - if this resolution is smaller than the requested resolution, reject
   it.

 - if this resolution doesn't support our color depth, reject it.

 - if this is the first acceptable resolution, save it as best;
   otherwise, if this resolution is smaller than our best resolution,
   save it as best.

>> On a side note, wouldn't it be a good idea to allow the user to override
>> the default GFX_SAFE card, width and height?
>
>That was the idea, but there's no code at the moment which handles that.

I'll have a look at adding some, if nobody disagrees.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx
                http://www.lwithers.demon.co.uk/