Re: [AD] New graphics driver -- GFX_FORCE?

[snip - GFX_SAFE]
>A better behaviour could be:
>- use the gfx_safe_* parameters; if they don't exist or if it fails then
>- use an GFX_AUTODECTECTed mode; if it fails then
>- use the hard-coded GFX_SAFE_IDed mode.

Done. The code now follows this behaviour.

>Three other (minor) problems:
>- you didn't update the file list for the other platforms,

Sorry - what do I need to change?

>- is the inclusion of aintvga.h into gfxforce.c really needed ? It gives two
>warnings under Windows,

I'm not quite sure why I included it. Anyway, this is fixed.

>- the name 'Forced graphics driver' is a little too long to fit into the
>modesel window. Would 'Forced driver' not be sufficient ?

Changed.

I wrote:
>> One question, however: where should we document options like this? Since
>> these changes are more aimed at end users than at developers, would it
>> make sense to create a new document about allegro.cfg, that developers
>> could distribute with their games? I would be happy to create such a
>> file, if need be.

Eric Botcazou replied:
>I think it would be a good thing to have such a document.

OK, I'll throw together a little file this weekend sometime. Peter: I
know allegro.cfg does contain some information, but I think it would be
better to consolidate this into a specific file -- it allows us to be
more organised and more verbose. Also, I will write a ._tx file, since a
text file will automatically be generated anyway.

The new patch is here and on SourceForge.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx
                http://www.lwithers.demon.co.uk/