Re: [AD] A non-WIP release ?

Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Peter,
> You are now the official Regent, aren't you ?

Not _the_, but _a_.

> I have been thinking of the following proposal for some days:
>
> Many peoples on the comp.os.msdos.djgpp newsgroup don't know anything about
> the WIP releases. They are still using the 3.12 version (dated August 1999)
> and are reporting problems related to it (compilation warnings, ...)

Yes, a problem.  I don't know how we can rectify this without doing
a full "point-zero" release.

> What about releasing a stock version ? We could internally jump to a 3.9.40
> CVS version (I'm a little fed up with the 3.9.3x serie), release an
> "official" 3.94 version and let these peoples know about it.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.  Every release is "official".
Feel free to announce them moderately loudly on public forums (as
some kind people have been doing on freshmeat.net, etc.)

Anyway, if there are no objections, I feel like releasing 3.9.34
tomorrow (in time for SpeedHack :-).  If there are any show-stoppers
or patches that "must" make it in, then please reply quickly.  The
same if you made largish changes which went unmarked in
`changes._tx' or `thanks._tx'.

Patches I know about but won't be committing just yet:

- Laurence's DJGPP build patch
- Eric's bitmap/sub-bitmap locking bug [already committed?]
- Andy's fix class thing
- David Capello's `dotted_rect' patch

Now I just have to figure out how to make a release...

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/tjaden/
PENCIVENTILATION (pen si ven ti LAY shun), n.  The act of blowing on the