Re: [AD] Possible DGA2 bug...

> I've just noticed that when exiting a full screen DGA2
> allegro app the resolution doesn't get set back
> to the original mode even if set_gfx_mode(GFX_TEXT...)
> is called.

To close DGA mode, I've followed the specs into the README.DGA doc file
shipped with XF 4.x. I report here a piece from it:

---

   A XDGAMode will be initialized when its "num" is passed to
XDGASetMode().  To exit DGA mode and return to normal server operation,
pass number zero to XDGASetMode().

---

Infact in the DGA2 driver exit function I've used this method, i.e. passing 0
as mode number to close operations. This is supposed to restore previous
video mode, and on my system it works perfeclty (XFree 4.0.2, TNT2 with
nvidia driver 0.9.5, kernel 2.2.17), so I assume the problem you have may due
to your configuration or a bug in the DGA implementation for your gfx card...
Could you test some other DGA 2 programs (not Allegro ones) and see if you
get the same problem?

> I have XFree 4.0.2 and kernel 2.2.18.

What video card/driver are you using?

We could work around the problem by using the XF vidmode extension, but I
explicitly didn't use it because it is supposed you don't need it to
set/restore video modes...

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx